Emerging Design Consulting is committed to racial justice, social equity and the elimination of institutional racism. We strive to improve relationships across culture, class and race. This work applies to all aspects of how we operate:
We invest in the communities we reach - in community engagement:
- We hire consultants with roots in the communities included in our clients’ focus, to advise from experience and life commitment.
- We connect with communities through how they organize themselves.
- We design meetings with Intention: to include cultural styles of expression, various learning styles, and create space for different values and viewpoints to be heard.
- We conduct community meetings and focus groups in native languages.
- We are committed to authentic participation of community voices, letting community people speak for themselves.
Building Equitable Partnerships
We invest in the communities we reach – contracting with grass-roots groups and leaders.
Build community capacity through training and equitable partnerships.
We are committed to authentically capturing community voices, and letting people speak for themselves.
Facilitating Community Planning
Multi-cultural competency - Consciously design meetings to include cultural styles of expression, various learning styles, and make space for different values and viewpoints to be heard.
Principles of inclusion:
- Include different stakeholders and viewpoints,
- Those impacted by decisions - constituent groups, consumers, residents
- Diverse cultures and languages. Conduct sessions in native languages
- Convene consultant team with roots in the communities
- Connect with communities through how they organize themselves